WAVI is proud to present the 5th annual V-Day Celebration!
Join us for two performances of the award-winning show by Eve Ensler, The Vagina Monologues, presented at the new Studio Theatre at the Rapid City Performing Arts Center.
Saturday, February 22nd
2:00pm and 7:00pm
Doors open one hour early for cocktails, refreshments, and silent auction.
$20 in advance or at the door. Visit the Performing Arts website for tickets.
Project HOPE: Helping Others through Positive Empowerment
Your monthly gift will transform lives, empower change, and give so many in need the hope they deserve. Join today.
Like snowflakes, no two victims of domestic violence or sexual assault are the same.
Imagine a child, sleeping through the night for the first time because he knows his mom is safe. A voice on the other end of the line, reassuring him that he's not alone, that it's okay to need help. A rape victim, alone in the emergency room, when a WAVI advocate walks in to hold her hand. Each one comes to WAVI with a story to tell and a life to change. There are many reasons to seek help at WAVI. Like snowflakes, there are so many different ways WAVI gives hope. But none of them are possible without you.
You can give a peaceful night's sleep to a child. You can ensure a caring voice answers during a crisis. You can give a victim a hand to hold. You can give someone hope.
Your generosity makes it possible for WAVI to work around the clock to provide comprehensive services
to thousands of victims every year. Our services never stop, and neither does our need for support.
Your gift can do so much...
- $25 Gives a night without violence in WAVI's shelter for a mother and her child.
- $50 Creates a week of nutritious breakfasts for children in shelter, so they can focus in school.
- $75 Teaches 100 teens about healthy relationships, and what to do if they or some one they know is hurt or abused.
- $100 Hands a fresh set of clothing to five sexual assault victims when they leave the ER.
- $250 Guides 6 individuals through the court process to obtain a legal protection order from their abuser, while providing advocacy and support.
- $500 Prints 500 Survivor's Handbooks, given to every WAVI client with resources on the dynamics of violence & rape, safety planning, and helping your child cope.
- $1000 Ensures that an advocate will answer our crisis hotlines 24 hours a day for one month.
Holiday Wish List
Cold Cereal and Non-Perishable Foods
Fresh Fruits and Vegetables
Baby Lotion, Wash & Shampoo
Baby Powder, Wipes, & Diapers sizes 4, 5 & 6
Gift Certificates to Family Thrift, Target and Wal-Mart/Sam's Club
Full-Size Body Wash and Soap
Full-Size Shampoo & Conditioner
New Underwear, Socks, and Bras for Women and Children
Single Pack Combs/Brushes
Bath Towels (New or Gently Used)
Gas Cards and Rapid Ride Bus Tickets
All items may be dropped off at WAVI
527 Quincy Street, Rapid City, SD 57701
WAVI is currently seeking volunteers for our 24-hour Emergency Room Response program. Volunteers will be on call overnight and report to the emergency room to provide support and offer WAVI services to victims of sexual assault and domestic violence. Training is provided. On call hours are 5pm to 8am. Volunteers are typically on call 1-4 nights per month.
To apply, please fill out the volunteer application below.
Bring it to WAVI, or scan and email it to email@example.com
IN THE PRESS
Wish List - Items of Great Need
Are you in danger? Help and hope are a phone call away.
National Domestic Violence Hotline: 800-799-SAFE (7233) and TTY: 800-787-3224
Rape, Abuse and Incest National Network (RAINN) Hotline: 800-656-HOPE (4673)
Working Against Violence, Inc (WAVI) Crisis Line: 888-716-WAVI (9284)
There is always a computer trail, but you can leave this site quickly by clicking the